Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weeee! We have a Wii.

A couple of weeks ago B decided to lug the kids’ stash of coins (stored in a toy treasure chest) to the bank. Who knew that had accumulated over 200 Euros by regularly raiding my coin box? They decided to buy a Wii.

While I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of buying a video game, the Wii really is pretty cool as the games are nonviolent. So far, they haven’t gone overboard as far as playing time is concerned, but we’re keeping an eye on them. However, they do love playing so for now we have a powerful motivator to keep them flying right, as it were.

So far, I’ve only played baseball. Must admit it was pretty fun. By the way, I’ve found a crack on the internet to get the Wii to play DVD’s, something it doesn’t do out of the box. Anyone tried it and gotten it to work? Any tips before I risk bricking their pride and joy?

No comments: