Tuesday, May 01, 2007

"L-A-D" Ladenburg...

Today (Tuesday May 1 - German holiday) I decided to take the folks to Ladenburg, a very pretty small city about 15 minutes from our house. On the way, my Stepdad wanted to see how far away it was so we entered the name into the navigation system. Unfortunately, I entered it as "LaUdenberg". I was suprised when Popozuda (navigation computer) told me to get off the autobahn an exit early. Like an idiot, I followed her directions. After about a 30 minute detour, we got back on track. We've been to Ladenburg before, but never with such great weather. As I've said in a previous post, this city's history dates back to the first century. We walked around a bit and then had some lunch (nice wurst at a place that was serving outdoors, fast food style). We then walked a bit more and had some incredible cake and coffee. I know I've said it a million times, but the weather here the last month has been absolutely off the charts. Today it's as sunny as it can be and just slightly cool in the shade.

Anyway, the folks gave Ladenburg a big thumbs up. I think I'm ready to stay home for a few evenings.

No comments: