Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sore feet, white knuckles...

On Monday (April 30th) I took the folks to Strasbourg. That makes the third time I’ve made the hour-long trip West to the French/German border. As usual, I tried to keep the truckster at a steady 160 kilometers per hour (100 mph). I only found out when we arrived that Mom had been in the backseat sweating bullets with a death grip on the armrests. At least it took her mind off her sore feet (we've been walking and walking and walking). As Mick so aptly said, "What a drag it is getting old". (Sorry Mom.)

The weather was nice, although a bit windy. What made this trip remarkable was that we went into the cathedral. Unfortunately, I didn’t take my tripod, which means it was tough to take good pictures (for a place that supposed to show you the light, this cathedral is a pretty dark place). After a while, I got creative and used the battery charger to angle the camera up from various chairs and the floor. All things considered, I’d say the pictures are decent.
After we got back, we headed to a German restaurant in downtown Heidelberg a friend had recommended. After all, I’d bought a day pass on the strassenbahn and wanted to get my money’s worth. The food was okay, but the Biergarten was really something special. Next time you’re on the Hauptstrasse in Heidelberg, think about dropping by Zum Güldenen Schaf. As they themselves say, they have the most beautiful Biergarten in Heidelberg.

I stayed after dinner and took some decent night shots of Heidelberg.

No comments: