Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Greetings from Vegas (again)...

As a longtime believer in Karma, it is at times like this, as I sit looking a this manufactured disaster (Vegas), that I wonder what I did in past life to deserve three trips in one year this glittering sore in the desert. My guess? In a not-so-distant past life I went swimming with dolphins and maced them. Maybe I loosened wheels on baby carriages. Whatever the case, here I am again; this time at the Palazzo, a swank, upscale monstrosity associated with the Venetian in ways I don't particularly care to explore.

Anyway, my wife will be no doubt gratified to know that they stuck me in a really tough (in a good way) suite with a view of the pool. I've got three flat screen TVs to keep me amused, with one being conveniently located in the loo. By the way, as an inveterate Luddite, I must admit I was blown away by the experience of seeing some shows on a large screen in high definition.I'd also have a nice view of the mountains if someone hadn't stuck some really tacky hotels in the way. That gorgeous golden aberration a bit right of center is of Donald Trump's doing.

No comments: