Thursday, September 11, 2008

Searching for the lipstick on this pig…

Drafting on some of the recent manufactured notoriety regarding this often used (by me) saying, thought I’d try to share the pictures I’ve taken on this trip that reveal something akin to actual (as opposed to faux) beauty.
The Fashion Show mall, across Las Vegas Boulevard from my hotel, is a pretty nice mall adorned with a wholey superflous but eye-catching floating surf board. I spent a significant amount quality evening time there doing things I love like looking for an exruciatingly precise list of cosmetics compiled by my dear wife. If she’s reading this, I (once again) have managed to put a green check next to all the high priority items on your (extensive) wish list. I realize that your happiness is its own reward.
I took a quick stroll after lunch on Wednesday to stretch my legs and see non-flourescent light. As far as I’m concerned, the simulated sky at the Venetian doesn’t fill the bill.I passed the Bellagio prior to the start of the fountain show (which starts at 15:00 I discovered). The still water is beautiful (still).
On the way back from dinner, snapped this attractive shot of the hotel. Last evening, Thomas and I sat at the pool bar drinking $7 beers. I find the mental conversion to Euros makes the experience much more palatable. I absolutely love this vertical panarama of the pool with Fashion Show mall, the gilded Trump eyesoar and beautiful mountains in the background (in full resolution, it looks suitable for framing).

No comments: