Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Going underground…

For a long time, I’ve been conflicted about exposing our family so deeply via this blog. I think I’ve arrived at the decision to restrict access. The fact is, I’m not interested in writing a generic/impersonal blog. The primary purpose of my ramblings is to keep our close family and friends periodically apprised of our shenanigans (it saves time writing e-mails and yacking on the phone). Blogger lets you limit access to 100 users, which should be more than sufficient given the limited readership of this blog.john-wayne-gacyI’m planning on making the change in the next couple of weeks. At the risk of sounding arrogant and/or self-important, if you’d like to follow this blog (and are not immediate family and/or a psychopathic stalker/killer), would you mind responding to this post so I can add you to the “in crowd”?

8 comments:

essie said...

alright Prickrils,
i totally understand the decision (and would love to know how to do that too for the sake of our kinder here at casa h) and would be sad not to be added to your "A list."

your blog was the first i found while we still lived in the states...it got me over some of the big "oh my" moments before we moved, and, has provided many travel opps from your raving reviews of sights seen.

if i don't "make the cut" please know that the 3 years i've been a reader have been fantastic!
thank you!
essie

grp said...

Essie,
You're on the super elite double A list! I enjoy reading your blog too!

grp said...

BTW, there's a Permissions tab under Settings for your blog (when you log in a look at your list of blogs) that allows you to batten down the hatches.

essie said...

woohoo!!!
(insert fist pump here!)

this, makes my day-seriously, and I can't believe it's been 3+ years since you began blogging!

and big thanks go to you for the settings info plan on a similar post on my blog sometime soon.
(i can already tell you that you've made the cut behind the velvet ropes too!)

more woohooos!!!
enjoy the sunshine-
essie

Ted said...

Greg

I would be honored to be on the "A" list. I love keeping up with your family. We're headed to Brazil in about 2 weeks. I am going on a fishing trip ini the Pantanal. Should be fun.

essie said...

expat help alert!

i have a friend whose husband is considering accepting a job in switzerland...from virginia, where they currently live.

LOTS of questions re: compensation packages, international schools, and the like...
any thoughts or questions they should ask before deciding?
THANK YOU!!!

essie

Collin said...

Hi there,

I'm one of your anonymous readers and I'd love to continue following your blog. I found your blog when I was looking for other expat blogs in the Heidelberg area. My family has also talked about privacy related to our blogs, so I understand the decision too.

G said...

This is a constant question, I think, for those of us who blog about our families. But I have had so much help from other bloggers, it's a hard decision to make. I am thinking about going (as others I know have) instead to WP, where I could lock specific posts. But instead, I stay where I am and just censor myself through lack of ertia!
In any case, I love your blog and would like to be able to continue to read it- I hope my blog shows my non-potential stalkerishness and all around semi-normality:).