Sunday, November 14, 2010

Swans on the Neckar…

This weekend was unbelievably warm, around 20 degrees. Today was also sunny, so we headed to the Neckarwiese in Heidelberg, a recreation area on the north bank of the river a bit west of the Altstadt. I shot a little video to give you a feel for the place. It was overrun with families and young folk enjoying what is likely one of the last days of decent weather for several months.

As we walked to the playground, I had the opportunity to get up close with couple of swans that foolishly assumed we had the forethought to take bread with us.IMG_3699 (1024x683)I wasn’t in much of a mood to take pictures, but managed to get some nice ones anyway. Notice the detail in the cob’s face.IMG_3711 (1024x683)Their bravado cracks me up.IMG_3707 (1024x683)The pen had ducked her head in the water, so I was hoping the water droplets would be visible in the pictures.  IMG_3704 (1024x683)I know you’re probably sick of my fawning over image capture technology, but it still blows me away. IMG_3702 (1024x687)

No comments: