Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lazy morning and a new mode of disaster...

Since I didn't work today, B and I left the kids at camp on the Hauptstrasse early this morning and had breakfast at Café Extra-Blatt. We've been there before for hot cocoa with the kids and B has had breakfast there before (I believe). I really like this place -- it has a decent breakfast buffet and a lot familiar choices for Americans for every meal; not a bad option when you're feeling especially American. B had the very transnational combination of bread with brie and Diet Coke.
By the way, winter hasn't given up in this neck of the woods. It's been really cold lately and has snowed lightly. The Hauptstrasse this morning felt like a wind tunnel in Siberia.

After camp, I hung out with the kids in our building's garage as they improved their mastery of the bicycle. Robert and Emily are now riding their bikes without training wheels. I'm looking forward to burning up the streets of Heidelberg this summer with them.

1 comment:

Kato said...

There's a pretty solid sheet of snow up on the Königstuhl btw.