Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring has sprung...

and I have an hour of lost sleep to prove it. We're now on daylight savings time German style and I couldn't be happier. Today we went to Speyer to have a little lunch and see what there was to see.
This little city was packed. As hard as it may be to believe, I took a few pics (with the little woman's point and shoot). I'll be headed to the States in May at which time I'll replace my purloined camera. Enjoy.
By the way, we lugged Thomas along. He was surprisingly well behaved given the number of folks taking pictures on the Hauptstrasse (Thomas is an inveterate photo op spoiler). Finally, there was a street performer in front of the cathedral with his hat out so folks could express their appreciation of his performance in Euros. Emily took a 50 cent coin and ran up to make a donation. We found out at lunch that she took a full Euro in "change". Not sure what to make of her "shrewdness", but we all had a huge laugh when she explained where she got the money. Given that she doesn't really understand the relative value of coins, I'll let this one slide. Note to self: buy a strong box for the loose change in my armoire.

No comments: