Sunday, March 07, 2010

The ink well is dusty…

but not completely dry. I think February is the first time I’ve taken a whole month off blogging since I started. After a couple of complaints from my massive readership, I decided to get back into the swing of things. Since I last blogged, probably the biggest news is that B spent a week in Orlando with her Mom, aunt (and godmother), sister and her sister’s friend Johanna. She had a great time and we somehow survived back here at the ranch (although you could see the kids’ ribs when she got back and we had to scrub them down head to toe with turpentine).

The winter has been pretty hard in Germany this year, the region around Heidelberg getting more than its usual share of snow. On Saturday it snowed again, although the sun has since some out. I think all of us are hoping that this is simply Old Man Winter saying goodbye until next year.Emily, ever the pragmatist, figures if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.IMG_7964 (683x1024)The lack of outdoors activities has finally gotten to Emily. Is the bucket mask a clever winter diversion or a cry for help?IMG_8030 (683x1024)Sophia is using the Wii to help her take the philosophical high road, suppressing attachment to thoughts of Spring weather.IMG_8029 (683x1024)Robert takes it all in stride. The copious Disney merchandise his mother brought for them from Orlando helps him overcome the Winter blues.IMG_8032 (683x1024)It’s our planned trip to Greece in May that’s keeping me afloat. Due to a death in B’s family, looks like we’ll also go back to Brazil this year (in August). I will desperately need the Wii meditation game when the travel bill for 2010 comes in…

No comments: