Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dynamic Friday...

On Friday, we left the kids with their babysitter and headed out to take care of some errands; I'll spare you the gory details. Anyway, we ended up having lunch at
Brauhuas Vetter in the Altstadt. We've been there a few times but I've failed to mention it here. If you want traditional German food and great beer in a casual atmosphere, you should check this place out. It doesn't hurt that the portions are huge, although those with an aversion to saturated fat should probably try one of the Italian places next door, e.g., Mercado.

Later that afternoon, I returned alone to feed my new obsession: high dynamic range photography or HDR. I'll spare you the photo-geek rap on this relatively new technique and show you a few pictures. The idea is that you can simulate a broader range of tones than you can with normal digital photography by merging multiple shots taken at different exposures. That night, we headed back to Da Vinci. I think the wait staff is getting sick of seeing us. We however, like this place more each time we go. I then went back to the Altstadt (third time's a charm) to take some long exposures and test HDR at night. (A dopey idea by but it yielded some interesting results). I hope you agree.

3 comments:

essie said...

amazing! simply amazing!
if we ever met, I've love to see how this works-your photo albums must be very dramatic, and incredibly beautiful!

*herump!*

that's me, green with envy!

essie said...

that would be:
if we ever MEET
sorry about that!

grp said...

Hey Essie,
I hope we do meet some day and hope your family is adjusting well to life in Germany. After 8 months, we're settling in (with a few rough edges here and there).