Sunday, April 06, 2008

As Renée Richards once said...

it's amazing what you can do with the right equipment. All (obscure) kidding aside, most folks who know me can imagine what I spent the better part of the weekend doing. I'll give you a hint: My name is Greg and I'm a compulsive photographer (all together: "Hello, Greg."). In case you missed the last post, I bought a camera on Saturday.

Today (Sunday), I started the day by working out. That's right: after more than a year in Germany, I finally joined a gym. I should be buff by early 2011. Can you feel the motivation? Sophia spent most of the morning half naked watching TV. Reminds me of my college years. But I digress...
This afternoon we went to a feijoada in Mannheim. The food was absolutely unbelievable and the company was top notch as well. We had a multi-hour lunch with Beth & Thomas and Layne & Douglas. The kids managed to keep themselves occupied most of the time, which was critical given the hyperactivity induced by the Brazilian sweets they consumed in quantity.Later, we went to the Hauptstrasse so I could take pictures and the kids could have ice cream. If you read about a spike in German sugar consumption any time soon, you'll know who to thank.

The better zoom on the better lens on the better camera made for some previously impossible shots (on my old cameran anyway). Enjoy.
On the way home, I took an HDR of the sunset. As the detail (cropped) shot shows, you really see where the extra money goes.

2 comments:

C N Heidelberg said...

Great photos! I envy you your new camera!

grp said...

Thanks. Above on the right, there's a link to some HDRs I put on flicker