Monday, October 13, 2008

11 hours to Berlin...

I have infuriated the travel gods. Another trip, another minor disaster. Here's the summary in bullet points as I feel the need cathart and I know you're getting sick of my travel stories...


- Leave Walldorf at 7:00 on Saturday

- Airport in Baden-Baden fogged in
- Wait until noon although plane should have left at 9:45
- Bus to Frankfurt (2 hours)!
- Wait in line at Lufthansa desk
- Get told to go to Air Berlin desk in other terminal!
- Head back to other terminal to catch plane
- Arrive in Berlin at 18:00 instead of 11:00!
By the way, I could have just about driven to Berlin and back in the time it took me to fly one direction. Thanks for nothing Air Berlin. On the plus side, I got here and headed out at night to take some nice shots of this amazing city.Fossil had some kind of promotion going on in a plaza with a big clock. They had some folks in a cherry picker doing set up. They and the large lighted numbers made for some cool shots (I think). I love Berlin!

No comments: