Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Whirlwind in a vacuum…

I’ve been extremely busy the last couple of weeks but we’ve been without internet and phone service since we moved to Walldorf so haven’t done much blogging. If anyone from T-Comm is reading, thank you very little.

My folks have been in town since the day I got back from Vegas. We’ve kept pretty busy, going to Colmar, Karlsruhe, Schwetzingen and Titisee (not at all in that order). We went to Schwetzingen on an absolutely perfect fall day and spent hours walking around the gardens. The place was about as empty as I’ve ever seen it during peek hours so we managed to get some decent (although redundant for me) shots. There was an egret there that seemed to love being in front of the camera. The second shot of him below was taken about 2 feet away. Last weekend, we spent most of Saturday in Colmar, France, returning to Walldorf by way of Titisee. We caught exceptional weather in both places. The folks liked Colmar as did I but I’m not so sure I’ll be returning any time soon. For my money, Strasbourg is the right bet given that it takes about half the time to get there.

Although the weather was cloudy during the drive, it opened up and our day in Titisee was absolutely gorgeous. One of the cool things about the lake this time was the hundreds of fish swimming in the shallow water near shore. Guess folks there don’t fish much.
The following Monday, we celebrated my birthday a bit early in Heidelberg. Earlier in the day I had taken the folks to a museum in Karlsruhe only to find out that museums close on Mondays. German museum system “1”. Dumb American, “0”.

No comments: