Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Aging well...

After arriving in Marsailles, one of the oldest cities in France, I took a bus that follows the coastline from my hotel to the Old Port (Port Vieux). I had seen many eye catching vistas from the taxi on the way to the hotel so was looking forward to taking a closer look.
One of the first things that caught my eye was an arch with a statue in front of it. I saw it coming up so jumped off the bus at a stop across the street from it. Based on the statue's pose, I think it might be a monument to Australian rules football. But I could be wrong. Very, very wrong.
Behind the bus stop was a tiny natural marina that was really picturesque.
The Port Vieux is a hub of activity and beautiful in its own right. The highlight of the day, however, was Notre-Dame de la Garde. More on this wonder later.

No comments: