Saturday, April 28, 2007

Dinner and some pics...

Last night we took my parents to the same area of Heidelberg now infamous for the "Absinthe Incident" (as it has come to be called). I must admit that much detail was omitted from my original account of this escapade to protect the not-so-innocent. Expect the rest of the story once the statute of limitations (on embarrassment) expires.
Anyway, we ate at the Italian restaurant across the street from Mercato, the place we had dinner with Franz and Maria. Trattoria Tuscana has great atmosphere but the food at Mercato was better. I wouldn't say either was outstanding, but it's all about location, and the shadow of the cathedral is prime real estate.
Last night the wind picked up which made it a bit chilly. After weeks of perfect weather, I guess that was all it took to scare Heidelbergers and tourists indoors. I still managed to take some decent long exposures of that area at night. I'll return soon to take more when I can concentrate a bit better (can you believe B was interrupting my picture taking during dinner!)

1 comment:

Carolina said...

Bia,

Fiquei muito em feliz em saber que vocês estão bem ai na Alemanha.

Queria saber se o seu e-mail continua o mesmo, pois tenho mandado diversas fotos das crianças e nunca tenho retono.

Mande notícias.

Muitos Beijos

Carolina