Sunday, April 01, 2007

Emily the (sick) flea...

This weekend was fairly tame as Emily got strep (from Robert!). After a couple of doses of antibiotics today, she’s already back to 90% (that's about 110% on the “average” orneriness scale). On Saturday we drove down South a bit to the house of a German coworker who is also married to a Brazilian. We loaded up on cake and coffee over great conversation about the “home land” and were back at home by 20:00 or so. I wondered into my local watering hole for a few beers just so they know I’m still alive.

On Sunday, we drove through a couple of communities about 10 minutes from here (if that) and then found ourselves near Schwetzingen. We can’t resist this city so walked around there and enjoyed the Spring weather. By the way, today was the first day this year we had to role the windows in the van down due to the heat. By my estimation, Spring has officially sprung. Another couple of weeks and this place should be all blooms and beer gardens.

Looking through the pictures I’ve let accumulate in my camera this week, I realized that I've been remiss in my blogging duties. Last week they set up a small carnival about a 10 minute walk from our house complete with bumper cars! The kids had a great time (as usual). This was the first time in a long time that Emily boarded a sort of bungee contraption that gives kids flea-like hopping prowess (the last time was in Brazil). Another omission: I went to a company off-site at a really cool hotel/lodge in the wine country not too far fromh here. I’ll try to scribble a few lines on that experience later. For now, I’ll shut up and let the pictures do the talking. And from today (Sunday, April 1)

No comments: