Saturday, April 07, 2007

A man’s home was this castle?

Today we went to the famous castle or “schloss” in the old part of Heidelberg. We’ve driven around it before but today was the first time we actually walked the castle grounds. I wanted to leave the car in a parking garage that I saw on the city map. B insisted that we try to find something closer. While we were trying to turn around in an area reserved for buses, an attendant showed us a place to park for 1.30 Euros per hour that literally couldn’t have been closer to the castle. For those scoring at home: B-1, Greg-0 (again).
The size of this castle and its grounds is astounding. The view of Heidelberg and the Neckar river is spectacular. B and I will return in the next few weeks to take the guided tour as I'm sure the place is lousy with history. The kids enjoyed the trip and I enjoyed snapping pictures compulsively as I am wont to do. Here are some of the fruits of my labor.

For higher res, see
these.

No comments: