Monday, June 22, 2009

I, Eye…

The only non-negotiable stop on my trip to London was the London Eye. As soon as the weather began to break on Saturday morning, I hopped on the Tube from the Tower Bridge en route to Westminster Station. I’ll never forget the sensation of leaving the station and looking up at Big Ben. It’s always an odd feeling to stand before something you’ve only seen in countless imagesIMG_7243IMG_7255I was in line to buy a ticket on the Eye by 9:45 or so. It took less than 20 minutes to fork over £17 for a 30 minute (or so) “flight” that was well worth the price of admission. I was among the first group of folks to ride that day. As you can see below, there’s a Salvador Dalí (by far my favorite artist) exhibit close by.IMG_7253IMG_7280Copy of IMG_7286For a compulsive photographer like your humbler narrator, this thing is paradise. I would imagine it’s also an icon for engineers. Notice below the cables that keep it from toppling into the Thames.IMG_7415I am really happy with the shots below.london eye spectators_7365 (2)london eye car_7366 (1024x647)  This was my favorite shot taken from the eye.IMG_7390

No comments: