Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A palace fit for a queen…

I basically stumbled upon Buckingham Palace. I crossed a street that was lined with British flags and had very little traffic, but wasn’t sure what was going on. Let’s face it, houses always look different when you’ve only seen them on MTV Cribs (remember how the Queen only had Crystal and crumpets in her fridge?). Later, I tried to find myself on a map and discovered I was right beside it.buckingham palace road 2_7462IMG_7617IMG_7589There were tons of people around and the sun broke through the clouds as I was arriving. As I went to cross the street in front of it, I saw a policeman on horseback asking people to get out of the street. He was followed by a bunch of redcoats with furry black hats. I didn’t manage to see the changing of the guards, but I think I saw their band.buckingham band_7541IMG_7547I was quite impressed by Buckingham Palace. It sits on the edge of St. James’s Park from which you can walk to Hyde Park (which is exactly what I did on Sunday). I would wholeheartedly recommend a quick stop by Queen’s abode next time you’re in London.buckingham gilded angel_7575buckingham statue_7616IMG_7581 

No comments: