Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wild hair, Dutch flair...

Last Thursday was a public holiday in Germany so I decided to take Friday off to make it a four day weekend. We decided to go out with some friends (Thomas and Andrea) to the Altstadt in Heidelberg on Thursday night. I’m headed to London this week on business so B was talking about making a trip there later this year (with Andrea) to visit a cousin who’s living there. One thing led to another in my slightly inebriated mind and I decided that Thomas (not Wolverine!) and I should go to Amsterdam the next day.

I found a good rate at the hotel where I stayed with B and her best friend so I booked a room at midnight and fired up the family truckster at 7:15 and was off like a stray bullet. Thomas decided to not to go so I went solo. It took about four and a half hours each way.

As always seems to be the case with Amsterdam, I can’t describe how much fun I had. The weather on Thursday and Friday was unbelievably beautiful. I’ll stop blabbering and let some of the pictures do the talking.IMG_6806amst bldgs_6770amst boat_6694IMG_6708Suffice it to say that I haven’t found a better way to clear my head than a weekend in this incredible city.amst view_6656IMG_6655Also shot a little video here and there for days when I need a flashback…

No comments: