Thursday, August 13, 2009

Greetings from Rio de Janeiro…

Landed around 5:00 am local time. This time when I say I hit the beach, I mean it literally. The weather’s great, the apartment we rented is awesome (someday I’ll tell the bizarre story about what happened with the one we usually rent), and I haven’t felt this relaxed in months, if not years.IMG_9033 (2) (1024x683) This year we’ll stick closer to Posto 8. A new luxury hotel opened up across the street so this part of the beach seems safer and more kid friendly. B, Marina and the kids are still at the beach. As soon as the noontime sun started bearing down, I retreated to the solace of our apartment. Now I sit awaiting a lunch fit for a king: Penha’s famous beans and panqueca. I’ ll try to post news from time to time…

1 comment:

Thomas V said...

oh man....