Sunday, August 09, 2009

Peace Angel…

One of the attractions in Munich that really caught my eye from the tour bus was the peace angle, or Friedensengel, in German. It reminded me of the Siegessäule in Berlin (I wrote about Berlin here). I think this angel is even more beautiful though.peace angel_8532On Sunday morning I hopped on the U-Bahn and was a 5 minute walk from the statue in less than 10 minutes.IMG_8805I took a few shots (some HDR) and then walked back to the old part of Munich. I highly recommend this little hike. It’s not very far and you see a lot of cool stuff on the way.peace angel_8826peace angel 2_8848Upon close inspection of the pictures at home, I discovered that she herself is holding a statue.little_8824It was on this walk that I stumbled across the river surfers I mentioned in another post. Early in the morning, I noticed this flower growing out of an old stone wall. It’s amazing sometimes where life and even beauty find a foothold.IMG_8800

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Large oneself in silence once you have a panic attack. Pay attention to the noises close to you and attempt to give full attention to each one of these individually. Figure out what it will be, and how it works to create that audio. Think about the silence being a present and let it adapt to your body. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Unus43224ed[/url]

Anonymous said...

In case you are vacationing by airplane, make sure to sign in for your personal flight the morning well before to ensure you may be traveling. If you check in, come up with a be aware of the trip numbers after which a couple of hours until you are appointed to depart, check the status of your airplane to determine if it is actually by the due date, postponed or canceled so that you can plan accordingly. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Co67tless[/url]