Sunday, May 11, 2008

Brutality in the skies...

The flight back from Orlando was brutal. I arrived in Frankfurt at noon or so on Friday thoroughly stomped by the 10 hour experience. We picked Sophia up at school, grabbed some quick lunch and I was out like a light. I slept most of the afternoon and all night. Saturday was a pretty slow day. I took the kids to the park and then read.That's right, I'm reading two books (I may be the worst read person on the planet). Between The Catcher in the Rye and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, the fragile pretzel that is my mind has been wound significantly tighter. I had never read the former but just finished it today and loved it. I really did. I'm not kidding. (It killed me if you want to know the truth). I had read Fear and Loathing on a flight years ago, straight through (without blinking, I believe). What a short strange trip it is.
Anyway, today we decided we'd go to Thermal Schwimmbad. The management of the same showed utter disregard by our plans by failing to open today. We decided we'd try the Schwimmbad in Walldorf. As much as I love Thermal Schwimmbad, the Walldorf joint blows it away.
Firstly, there's a pond in Walldorf. There's also a great pirate-themed play area for kids that's fairly well closed off. On the other side of the pond (literally), there's a big pool with a huge slide. Add a reasonably good snack bar and Italian restaurant, and you've got the makings of a sure-fire Prickril hangout this summer.
By the way, all three in our brood seem to be locked in a mortal battle with concrete. They're all sporting pretty nasty road rash from separate incidents. While the girls may end up wearing camouflaging hosiery the rest of their lives (unless I spring for cosmetic knee surgery), Robert can take some solace in the fact that chicks love scares.

No comments: