Saturday, May 17, 2008

Marina is in the house...

Marina just arrived after a delayed flight in Portugal made her miss the last shuttle to Heidelberg. Her luggage heavy-laden with a few clothes and tons of gifts for our clan, she sat dejected at the airport until B zipped up to Frankfurt to rescue her.
Violating a non-trivial number of customs laws, she brought with her a delicacy known to few who haven't visited South America (maybe just Brazil?): count fruit or fruta do conde.
Although it looks like an alien seed pod, it has the a remarkably sweet, delicate flavor that I can't really compare to anything. I'm crying in my keyboard from saudade...

2 comments:

MellyButton said...

Alien Seed Pod indeed. I hope a tap-dancing alien doesn't pop out of your stomach and starts to dance on your desk. (ala Spaceballs)

grp said...

No burrowing aliens so far. If you ever see this fruit, try it. It's by far my favorite.