Thursday, May 29, 2008

Now that's a bridge...

One of the things that impressed me most about Paris the first time I went was the time and resources they've invested in bridges over the years. Paris is full of truly remarkable bridges but, to my mind, one stands out far above the rest: Pont Alexander III.I would say this bridge possesses more beauty than most cities I've been to. It's beauty that "goes to 11" and I love it.Even a horse's backside is high art. The statuary is mind boggling and remember, this is a single bridge.I took a ton of pictures in Paris, but nothing caught my eye like this bridge. It is impressive from a distance and almost spellbinding up close. The view is incredible in multiple directions as well. Enjoy.I realize I got a little heavy handed with the HDR below, but what the hell -- it's Paris.

No comments: