Monday, September 13, 2010

Party at Dinda’s…

On Tuesday after we left Corcovado, Robert and I piled into a “vã”, a minivan that serves as an alternative to taxis and buses, the former of which the rest of the family took back to Niterói. The van makes a lot of stops and can fill up to the point of being a bit cramped, but only costs R$5 (a little over 2 Euros) as opposed to R$70 for a taxi. I think it’s typically safe, but I thought it better not to take the cameras so no pictures.

By the time Robert and I got to B’s mom’s house, the rest of the family had gone to B’s aunt’s (also her godmother) house for a goodbye lunch. Dinda (as she’s known to us), made a delicious paella and stroganoff. IMG_0301 (683x1024)IMG_0304 (1024x683)While the kids played in the pool, I fell asleep in the hammock (as I am wont to do). We then headed back to Cristina’s to rest up for a goodbye party that night at one of our favorite restaurants in Niterói, Família Paludo.

IMG_0324 (683x1024)

No comments: